Saturday, April 28, 2007
4-5 portobello mushrooms
10 oz. goat cheese (flavored or unflavored)
extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. While oven is heating take the mushroom caps and empty the stems and gills (black pieces) from the under portion of the cap.
3. Coat the mushroom on top and inside with thin layer of extra virgin olive oil.
4. Oil the baking pan.
5. Fill each cap with equal amounts of goat cheese. Sprinkle on pepper.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Test for softness and cheese should be slightly melted.
7. Eat with pesto, tomato sauce, etc.
Look for upcoming week’s posts- Cilantro Walnut Pesto and Sage Hazelnut Pesto!
Adapted from: http://startcooking.com/blog/118/Portobello-and-Goat-Cheese
Copyright ©2007 Jennifer Jayanthi Kumar