Saturday, June 23, 2007
1 cup Besan (Chick pea flour)
1 cup Diced onion.(about 1 cup)
2. Mix all ingredients (do not add water in this step) in one bowl.
3. Check the consistency of the paste, add water little by little until the batter
is slightly pastey (easy to spread on a pan).
4. Put a non-stick pan on a stove, smear it with oil or butter
5. Make thin pancakes (on slow fire). Fry until browned on both sides. Most
likely it will be soft in the center.
6. Serve hot with green or tomato chutney, katchup, or any condiment you like.
It is noted that this recipe has many varieties, for instance you don't have to put
in chili pepper or green chilies if that is too spicy for you. I have substitued roasted
cumin seeds and/or corriander powder for the chilis.
There is actually no need to add any spices if that is your taste
Related Posts/Sites: Ruchi's Tomato Omelet (This is a very similiar recipe, again, without eggs!)
Copyright ©2007 Jennifer Jayanthi Kumar